Thursday 30 May 2013

Lace and Flower Petal Wedding Jewelry

I haven't done a post here for a while because I've been researching the best vehicle for setting up an online store, and methods of  taking payment.  I'd like to put that into place very soon, although my internet seems to be having difficulty with a few functions right now, so I may have to wait until that gets sorted out, hopefully soon!

But I've also been working on some wedding jewelry.  Because of  my style, and the materials I use, many of my pieces really lend themselves to weddings, either to be worn by the bride or her party or family.  But these are some that I think would be especially suited to that occasion.

I love to combine my floral design and jewelry-making skills and materials, and the following pieces do that.  I love these beautiful pink flowers and flower petals!  I think this first necklace would be perfect for a beach or garden wedding, don't you?





I also did a necklace and earring set with soft blue flower petals, mixed with grey pearls, blue and purple glass, and white lace.  Magenta highlights add a pop of colour.  Something blue?


I also wanted to do a beautiful traditional set, so I combined a white cotton lace pendant with blush pink pearls and vintage crystals.  This is very elegant and eye-catching.

 

For the bride who wants a pop of fiery red, as many brides are opting to do now, I made a red layered lace floating necklace, embellished with pearls and crystals.  This would be gorgeous for any time of the year, but I especially think this necklace would be lovely for a Christmas wedding as the flower, layered the way it is, resembles a poinsettia to me.  What do you think?


When I made the white and gold body necklace set I shared in an earlier post, I immediately thought wedding.  Here it is again.


Brides are always looking for unique gifts for their wedding party, and I think the angel jewelry that I make, using pink opaque inverted glass hearts and crystal halos would be perfect for that.  The earrings here are displayed in hand-painted mini photo frames, to make the gift extra special.


I'd love to know what you think of these pieces, and which are your favourite.  If you were getting married, what kind of jewelry would you like to wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment