Saturday 1 June 2013

How I Came to Call My Business "Pink Pearls by Tamara"

I was changing the cover photo this morning on my business fan page (Pink Pearls by Tamara on Facebook), and I ended up with a beautiful fuschia pearl in the middle of the photo.  It reminded me again of why I named my business what I did.  People ask about it sometimes, and I thought I'd share it here.



I shared this necklace in my last post about wedding jewelry.  This fuschia pearl is the pearl that was the catalyst for my name.

Last year I was using them in another necklace, and thought about how much I loved these pink pearls.  This is one of my favorite colors.  Then I thought "Pink Pearls would be a lovely name for a jewelry business!".  At the time I was in the process of coming up with a new name for my company.

I thought about it and did a bit of research on meanings.  I knew that pink was one of the heart colors, and I had been doing a lot of emotional and spiritual work in the area of my heart.  "Pearls" are symbolic for that which is pure and precious, and real "pink pearls" are some of the rarest and most precious of all.  So the name "Pink Pearls by Tamara" stands for "that which is pure and precious, coming from my heart, to connect with the heart of those who it is intended for".  That is my hope and my goal for my business, and for all of my creations!

This is another necklace set where I used these fuschia pearls:

  
It is a set I made just over a year ago on Mother's Day, in memory of my mother.  I incorporated her charm bracelet with elements of my own (the fuschia hearts and the angels were mine).  Fuschia was her favorite color too, so this was a way of bringing her and I together in one jewelry piece.  I know she would have loved these pearls very much, so it's also a way of bringing her into the naming of my business as well.

I love and use all shades of pink pearls in my designs, and many pieces don't actually have pink pearls in them at all, but the hope and desire is the same with all of them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment