Monday 6 May 2013

"Inspirational Words" Collection

Incorporating meaningful words or phrases into jewelry designs is something that is popular right now, for good reason.  I wanted to come up with a way to bring them into my pieces, in a way that suits my style of jewelry.  I settled on the idea of stitching words onto pieces of lace, then working the jewelry design around them.  I started doing embroidery as a child, and have always enjoyed it, so this seemed a perfect way for me to bring together two things I love doing - jewelry-making and embroidery!

I had some aqua-colored lace that leant itself to stitching on, so that's what I used for this collection.  All the pieces are reversible, with the writing only on one side, so you get two looks.  And even if the word isn't showing outwardly, it is still close to you, encouraging you.

The first piece is a bracelet with a "Joy" focal.  The swirly clasp is at one side of the word.  Here's the front and back. 

 
 
 
I added crystals and little embroidered flowers around the words in this collection.  I love making those little flowers - hadn't done them in years! :)
 
The rest are necklaces.  I decided to make them as charm holders, incorporating lots of bright beads.  If someone doesn't want to add their own charms, the necklaces are really pretty just the way they are.  But they could also add some silver or gold charms into the mix, or take out a bead to replace it with a charm.
 
The first one is a "Love" Charm Holder Necklace on a pink cord. 
 
 
 
 
Next, a "Peace" necklace with mother-of-pearl beads added into some pretty chain.
 
 
 
 
Again in purple and turquoise tones, "Faith" has lots of fun lampwork beads, and an interesting pair of earrings made with two of these beads. 
 

 


 
 

 The "Hope" necklace is on a pale aqua ribbon that perfectly matches the lace..


 

 

    
 
I really enjoyed making these, with all the brightly-colored beads and lovely words to stitch! 
 
I would be happy to take orders for this type of jewelry, with words, phrases, or names that are individually meaningful to customers.  

1 comment:

  1. These would make wonderful Mother's Day gifts or birthday gifts!

    ReplyDelete