Wednesday 1 May 2013

Jewelled Purse

A garden sprang up at my place today.  Not outside ... but on my purse!

Yesterday my friend graciously passed on to me a tin of her mother's jewelry - so much retro and vintage loveliness!  My eyes immediately went to a number of brightly-colored flower pins and earrings.  I love that retro flower jewelry! 

I knew I wanted to do a project that incorporated more than one of the pieces, because they look so pretty in a bunch, just like a garden where someone has thrown a handful of mixed seed down and all kinds of flowers come up together.  I eventually settled on the idea of putting them on a purse.  I had this brightly color-blocked purse that I felt was a perfect background for my flowers.  And this was my result ...




I embellished and fixed up some of the pieces, and added some bits of green lace in among the flowers.

I hope my outdoor gardens look this bright and cheery this year!












No comments:

Post a Comment