Monday 22 April 2013

This is the other body necklace that I said I would show here.  Again, Gardenia is our model. :)








I had enough pretty gold-tone chain to make one, and wanted to do one that was a different look from the first one, and different colors.  I found this beautiful piece of  pre-loved (seems like a nicer word than recycled, repurposed, etc., don't you think?) white lace, and decided on a white and gold theme.  The pearl and gold focal is actually a huge vintage clip earring.  It was just the attention-getting focal I was looking for!  Along with the other embellishments, I wound a bit of chain that contained a few little pearls among the little flowers too, and added a few little pearls around the edge of the pendant.

This pendant is a different shape from the first one I did (the last post).  This one is about 6" long, the other one was 7", but this one is much wider (about 6" at the widest point).  It sits and nicely fills the neckline area.  Body necklaces, just like regular necklaces, can be made in a variety of shapes and styles, with a variety of materials.  

When I tried the finished piece on, I found that it was a bit wide and buckled a little, so I cut it down a bit, until it sat nicely.  I had cut off a couple of the little golden-centered flowers, so decided to make them into earrings - it seemed like just the finishing touch for the look!

This set would be beautiful worn with a wedding dress, but it could also be worn as a statement piece with a t-shirt and jeans.

I'd love it if you'd let me know which is your favourite of the two body necklaces!

No comments:

Post a Comment