Sunday 28 April 2013

Colorful Reversible Lace Earrings

Recently a found a way to make my lace earrings reversible.  It's nice for the customer because they get two looks in one pair of earrings.  And they're very easy to switch up.

Each of these two pictures shows one side of these three pairs of earrings.




I love this green lace for spring and summer.  It reminds me of the green of new vegetation, so I have titled the collection of pieces I made from it the "Tender Garden Collection".  I've made other pieces from it besides these earrings, which I'll show you in future posts.

One of the nicest things about lace earrings is that they are so light-weight.  You hardly feel like you have earrings on at all.  So you can wear a substantial earring without discomfort or fear of damaging your earlobe, which is something that I personally love. These are about 2 3/4" long.

Besides crystals, I embellished the lace with sequins with beads in the center, for extra sparkle.  I also brushed a bit of color onto parts of the lace to enhance the color of the embellishments.  And, each earring got a dangle.

These are the two sides of the pink pair.  As you can see, the front is brighter, while the back is soft-colored.      

 

For the next pair, I started off with the turquoise, then decided to add some periwinkle purple as well.  Love this combination!



One of the things about working with lace that I find interesting is that there is a natural variation within the pattern.  When I cut two flowers out, they are never truly identical.  So the two earrings are slightly different, but I like that personally, and I go with that in my designs.

For the last pair, I stayed in the green tones.  Again, the first side is brighter, the second side softer.  I brushed a bit of green color onto the first side to brighten all the lace on that side. 


  
They're all ready for spring outfits!


No comments:

Post a Comment