Saturday 20 July 2013

Blue and Purple Petal Necklaces, and Shoe Clip-Ons from Vintage Earrings

I've been doing some more playing with flower petals the last couple days, as the Floral Designer part of me is inclined to do :).

I was asked to make another blue hydrangea flower petal necklace for Urban Bride.  This time, instead of using the deeper blue petals and grey glass pearls, I used a lighter blue tone with natural freshwater pearls, more suitable for weddings.  I also included glass petals coming from the middle of little lace flowers.



I photographed this set with a round silk vintage-style wedding flower bouquet I made a while ago that has the same hydrangeas in it, and matches this jewellery beautifully.  It would be beautiful used together, with a white or ivory dress!




As you can see, I put a few blue crystals here and there in the bouquet for a bit of sparkle.  The jewellery artist in me comes out in my floral design too, so it goes both ways! :)  I wrapped the stems in ivory lace, completing the vintage look.

While I was at it, I wanted to make a purple petal necklace too, with layered mauve and pale yellow hydrangea petals, freshwater pearls, and purple glass petals.  Both of these are sets, with matching earrings.



Another neat jewellery item to share today - a pair of large vintage clip earrings that can also be used as beautiful clip-on shoe decorations, or shoe jewellery, for a bride who wants to dress up a pair of shoes for her wedding. They're made of pearls, seed and bugle beads, sequins, and a large sparkly crystal focal.  They're comfortable to wear, and the decoration covers the clip, so it's not seen.  Then, after the wedding, they can pop them off those shoes if they want, and use them on another pair of shoes or as earrings for a party, or pass them on to another bride.

    

I got and fixed these up when I was doing ballroom dance, thinking I might use them for that purpose, either for my shoes, or as earrings for performance, but I never needed them.  So now they're coming out to find another home.  Ballroom dance and bridal accessories, and sometimes dresses, can sometimes be quite similar.  They both need to be spectacular!

It's always neat, too, when pieces can do double-duty - it makes them more versatile for the owner.  These earrings/shoe clips, as well as both necklace sets above, are going out to Urban Bride next week.  They specialize in beautiful bridal shoes, so these may be a good fit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment